- I have at least one child under the age of 18. Parents of older children with a disability or special needs may also be eligible.
- I have read the application guidelines carefully.
- I have carefully reviewed the portfolio requirements for the discipline I work in.
- All submitted work was created since I became a parent, and within the last 5 years.
- I have not included my name on any of my application materials. Artists' signatures are ok.
Preparing Your Application OfflineWe strongly urge you to prepare your artist statement and portfolio materials offline. Computers crash, internet connections hang. We'd hate for you to lose your work due to a technical glitch.
- Create a folder on your computer specific to this application (e.g. "SAF Application")
- If you are submitting a written artist statement, prepare it in a word processing document saved in this folder
- If you are submitting an audio or video artist statement, record it, upload it to a suitable hosting site (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo), and copy the link and/or password
- Copy the PDFs and/or images that comprise your portfolio into this folder
- Make note of the date, dimensions, and medium of each item in your portfolio.
- Paste the text of the artist atatement into our form OR paste the link/password for your recorded artist statement
- Upload your portfolio materials